Want to create the best home gym environment at home? Tired of commuting to your local gym?
Well, there are thousands of people out there who are just like you – they want to be able to work out regardless of weather, season, time, and day. And that convenience is possible when you have home gym fitness equipment at home.
I am James and I’m a busy executive who loves working out. Even on days when I just come home from long business trips, I’ll head straight for my “private space” – the home gym area to do basic workouts. I think you can tell how much I like working out…and that’s because I have some of the best home gym equipments. Here in my blog you can get useful tips, advice, and reviews on home gyms.
How to Create the Best Home Gym
Expect to create a small-medium space for the equipments
Of course, it’s best if you have a lot of space to spare or a designated workout room. But even with limited space, you’ll be able to find suitable equipments because there are a variety of compact, multitasking machines to choose from.
Always look up the different choices available
You can either choose a combination of equipments or one that combines different workout functions. In my opinion, a multitasking machine works great because you get all that you need in a single machine.
Try out the equipments to determine their suitability
Similar to a typical gym setting, you’ll want to create an environment for balanced workout in your home gym. For that, you’ll need to have a upper and lower body workout function in the equipment(s) you choose.
Create a comfortable workout space
This is especially important because since you’ll be using the space pretty often, it’s important that you make it a place where you’ll want to visit again and again.
Read the detailed guide here in my guide post – How to Create the Best Home Gym.
Home Gym Reviews – Top Picks
- Bowflex Blaze – Best Home Gym – Gives variety of workout and easy to use.
- Weider Total Body Works 5000 – Best Cheap Home Gym – Highly affordable with superb performance.
- Total Gym 1100 – Best Home Gym for Beginners – Highly durable and easy to store. Great for basic workouts.
- Body Solid Home EXM1500S – Best Compact Home Gym – For those who want a full workout equipment but lack space.
- Bowflex PR3000 – Best Home Gym for Family – Provides a wide range of workouts for different levels and builds.
- Bowflex PR1000 – Best Home Gym for the Money – Good value for the money as this home gym is a compact all-in-one.
The best home gym review should cover important aspects of the machine and highlight any shortcomings of the machine. I will update with more home gym reviews in my blog, so check it out!
Home Gym Use – Top 5 Mistakes
Mistake 1: Skipping the planning process
You got to know for sure that you have enough room/space to fit your equipment(s) in.
Mistake 2: Buying equipment(s) offering limited workout
By this I mean equipment that only offers a particular workout (i.e. upper body muscles). Though the machine may seem like a great buy that time, you’ll eventually want to move on to tone other parts of your body.
Mistake 3: Choosing sophisticated but complicated machines
In designing your home gym, you should always choose easy to operate equipments.
Mistake 4: Not trying out before you buy
Even if you decide to buy online, check out the equipment in your local store before confirming your purchase.
Mistake 5: Rushing into the process
I’ve seen people who rush into the whole home gym creation process. They basically do not do enough research and fail to note the important points to consider before buying any machine. You got to know that you are making an investment here.
Read more of this article here – 5 Gym Mistakes to Avoid.
Home Gym Maintenance Tips
- Check your equipments for signs of wear and tear
- Oil and grease your machine from time to time
- Wipe the equipments with a mild cleaning solution
- If your machine has a belt, remember to check on it
- Protect your machine with power surge protector
More about these tips can be found here in my Quick Guide to Successful Home Gym Maintenance.
More Exercise Blog
If you are interested in finding best juicers or exercise related blogs, you can check out those blogs here:
- Best Exercise Bike Reviews & Guides
- Best Elliptical Reviews & Guides
- Best Rowing Machine Reviews & Guides
- Best Treadmill Reviews & Guides
Do check out my blog. Thank you for reading through my tips and home gym equipment reviews. Spread the news and get more people to get their own home gym and start working out!